These bite-sized appetisers are so easy to make, and look stylish for any occasion.
- 100-150 grams smoked salmon
- Dense dark rye bread or pumpernickel (about 6 slices)
- 200 grams reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 medium avocado
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 bunch of dill, to garnish
- Using a small round biscuit cutter, cut out 20-24 circles from the rye bread.
- Beat the cream cheese, avocado, lemon juice and half the zest together.
- Spread the cream cheese filling on top of each of the rye bread circles.
- Top with a piece of smoked salmon.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh dill and sprinkle over the rest of the zest.
Optional garnishes Thin slivers of radish or lemon, capers, strips of red pepper, ground black pepper.