Celebrate fresh fig season with this easy oven recipe. The sweet and savoury flavour of the figs is delicious, and pairs perfectly with the camembert. It looks spectacular – for very little effort!
Serve as an appetizer to share, or a party snack.
4-6 fresh ripe figs
1 whole camembert
1/3 cup walnut halves
4 rosemary sprigs
3 Tbsp runny honey
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
3. Cut the figs into quarters or halves and place cut side up around the cheese. Scatter walnuts over.
4. Cut the rosemary sprigs in half and tuck between and on top of the figs and cheese. Mix honey and balsamic vinegar together and drizzle over everything.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until the figs are golden and caramelised, and the cheese just starts melting.
6. Serve warm with sourdough or crusty bread.